Welcome to Louisville, Kentucky! August 9-15, 2020
The Annual Gathering of Aladdin Knights is a yearly national convention sponsored by The National Association of Aladdin Lamp Collectors http://www.aladdincollectors.org
Each year a group of Aladdin Knights volunteer and work closely together to plan and host the ultimate event in Antique Lighting for their fellow Aladdin Lamp Collectors, users and enthusiasts. These Volunteers are known as the Knights of the Round Table (KRT)
Each day at the Gathering is packed with events; Room Trading, Auction, Educational Seminars; including one for first time attendees. Don’t miss the display room and the International Lamp Show and Sale! Saturday evening we join together for a Banquet, evening program with raffle prizes and awards.
The Gathering welcomes all antique lighting enthusiasts, you do not have to be an Aladdin Knight to attend.
The International Antique Lamp Show and Sale is billed as the largest display of antique lighting in the world, according to the National Association of Aladdin Lamp Collectors; who sponsor the show and sale.
The two-day show and sale features Early American and Antique Lighting manufactured from approximately 1860 to the 1940’s. The show is a main attraction at the Aladdin Knights Gathering and draws dealers and collectors from across the USA, Canada, United Kingdom and Australia.
The Lamp Show is a great place to find that special lamp or shade for your collection, or restoration and replacement parts, and supplies, both new and old.
Several antique lighting clubs also attend the show.
Schedule of Events
- Tuesday thru Saturday – Room Trading: No Gathering is complete without Room Sales! http://www.aladdincollectors.org/gatherings/2019/slideshows.php?comFolks open their door for attendees to come browse, shop, wheel and deal while making new friends and renewing old acquaintances. Registrants and dealers display their lamps, parts and items for sale in their hotel rooms during this truly unique experience. This activity is the main social activity at the core of the Gathering.
- Hospitality Room: Featuring good conversation, snacks and cookies and a place to relax and make new friends. Bring homemade cookies and share your favorite recipe. If you’d like to help out, contact Ron & Vicki Jenkins at 615-289-1518
- Thursday Auction – The “All Aladdin” auction is the first official event of the Gathering, where price trends are often established. The auction is open to the public.
- Thursday Welcome Reception – Join for a meal, and the reveal of the Gathering Auction quilt and Saturday Evening Raffle quilt and raffle prizes. Another great way to meet and make new friends.
- Friday – First Time Attendees Seminar. Come Meet J. W. Courter, author of Aladdin The Magic Name in Lamps, Aladdin Electric Lamps, Aladdin Collectors Manual and Price Guides and other publications related to lamp collecting. Ask questions and learn from your fellow collectors. You’re very likely to win a raffle prize!
- Friday and Saturday – Educational Seminars are hosted throughout both days on various subjects. Don’t miss out on these great learning opportunities.
- Friday and Saturday – International Lamp Show and Sale. The Lamp show is undoubtedly the largest show in the world dedicated to antique lighting and is open to registrants on Friday Afternoon. Open to the public on Saturday for a nominal charge. Noted dealers & collectors from many states as well as from England and Canada feature outstanding antique lighting of all kinds.
- Saturday Evening Banquet – Come share a delicious meal with us with tables lit by Aladdin Lamps! Take part in an informative program with raffle prizes and a chance to say farewell to friends we may not see for another year!
- Sunday – Safe Travels back home.
Event Hosts & Registration Form
Ron & Vicki Jenkins – Hosts and General Knights
Phone: Ron & Vicki: 615-289-1518
Registration Form: Available soon! Stop back again.
Ron and Vicki are active, knowledgeable collectors and good friends to all who know them. Ron and Vicki are excited to bring a touch of southern hospitality to the 2020 Gathering. Thanks Ron and Vicki!
Venue and Lodging
Crowne Plaza Louisville Airport Expo Center. 830 Phillips Lane, Louisville, Kentucky 40209
Reservations call: 502-367-2251- ask for “Aladdin Group” rate of $109 plus tax. $50 non-refundable pet deposit.
This is a fantastic venue for our group, with open center atrium, elegant rooms and convenient access for travelers.
For more information and images of the beautiful Crowne Plaza Expo Center, Please Visit: https://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/us/en/louisville/sdfpl/hoteldetail/photos-tours#scmisc=nav_photos-tours_cp